Twist your way to a new waist
Work your obliques! Obliques are part of your abdominal core, so making them strong helps with your total core strength. They also make your waist look smaller when they’re toned.
- Lie on your back with your knees bent and your feet on the floor. Rest your head in your hands, but keep your shoulders back and relaxed (like you’re going to do a sit-up).
- Raise just one shoulder blade up while pressing the other to the floor. As you raise up, twist to move your elbow in the direction of your opposite knee, squeezing from your abs and waist. Press your back firmly to the floor throughout the movement — don’t let it arch.
- Slowly lower your shoulder blade to the floor and repeat.
- Do two sets of eight to 12 repetitions per side.
- Look hot in your bathing suit!
Of course, you can firm up those obliques with dance, too. Remember The Twist? (Maybe not, but you can still do it!)