A workout to go
Some weekends are too busy to get to the gym, especially if the gym is near your office, you’ve got company staying with you, or you’re out of town yourself. In the spirit of “no excuses”, here’s a suggestion for a 30 minute workout that uses no equipment and can be modified for all fitness levels. If you’re a beginner start with two reps. ( Gym rats can do double the amount, add in more difficult exercises and repeat the workout later in the day.)
1. Warm up for eight minutes. Walk in place, play tag with your kids, dance around the room. Just move.
2. Do one minute of squats.
3. Do one minute of push ups.
4. Do one minute of reverse lunges.
5. Do one minute of modified chair dips.
6. Do two minutes of cardio. (Go back to that dancing, running in place, whatever.)
7. Do one minute of crunches.
8. Take a 30 second break.
Repeat steps 2 through 8, three times.